Camp will be held in Raleigh, NC, July 22-24, 2014
- 2014 Registration Form - Registration Now Open!
- Camp Cost: $425. Camp available to ages 13+
- Breakfast and lunch included all three days.
- No overnight lodging.
- Space Is Limited To 16
- Designed For Boys & Girls Kids With Both Interest & Passion For Sports and Sportscasting!
- Learn From North Carolina's Best Sports Broadcast Personalities:
- Featured Panel Sportscasters: Voice Of The Hurricanes, Blue Devils, Wolfpack, Tar Heels, Durham Bulls, WRAL-TV, Raycom Sports, News14 Carolina, 99.9 The Fan and More!
- Instructors With Over 100 Combined Years Calling Games; Network With The Pros; Receive Critiques
The Fundamentals of Sportscasting: Play-By-Play, Color, Prep, Research,
Write Copy, On-Camera Updates, Interviewing Techniques and more
- TSC Alums Have Landed TV/Radio Internships, college and professional PxP jobs
- Camp Hosted By Patrick Kinas, Radio/TV Broadcaster for the Durham Bulls, NC State, Time-Warner Cable & multiple sports networks.
This camp is designed to provide all aspiring sportscasters – male and female – an intensive three-day inside
experience to learn and apply the skills of sportscasting.
Campers will be instructed on the full-range of essentials needed including interviewing techniques, researching, game prep, to the fundamentals of play-by-play and color commentary.
The lectures, instruction, critiquing, encouraging and mentoring will be provided by the top sports broadcasting talent in the state of North Carolina! Renowned broadcasters from the NFL, NHL, pro baseball, college football and basketball, regional/national TV, along with recognizable TV anchor talent will be assisting the campers through the three-day event.
Students will gain practical experience from extensive classroom sessions, guest & keynote speakers, on-camera interviewing techniques, Q&A, along with calling play-by-play of recorded games and instant critiques, while networking with some of the area’s top sportscasting talent.